Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Love What Is

My car is just over three years old. However, the tires are worn; the tail light has a crack in it; the manifold is also cracked and there are two distinctive dings in the body. For the past few weeks, I've heard myself say; "I'm ready for a new car." And because I'm ready for a new car, I've really neglected the one I own. I haven't even washed my car or vacummed the interior in about two months.

In fact, as I was about to leave for a meeting today, I actually had to be careful as to how I got in my car, not to soil my dress slacks. That was a turning point. "When did I become like this?" I pondered.

Luckiliy I had enough time before my meeting to drive over to the car wash. While waiting for the car to be washed, I busied myself reading the paper and catching up on a few emails. Soon I noticed the car wash attendant waiving his cloth franically, because the driver of the car he had just finished wasn't walking over to claim the car. My first reaction was; "What a pretty car." Then I realized it was my car! As I walked over to my car, I suddently remembered all the reasons that I loved the car. Great wheels, nice color, sporty look and a beautiful black leather interior. I don't need a new car - I need to appreaciate the one that I have. Even if I choose to trade the car in for a newer modeling keeping it in good repair and clean will only enhance the trade in value. So my counsel is Love what is....And even more will come your way!

No comments: