Monday, January 3, 2011

Honoring the Body Temple

When I’m in “action mode” I have a tremendous about of energy and I get things done. In fact; I’ve yet to meet a piece of furniture that I cannot move – by myself. This past weekend, I had two days of being in constant action-mode. I worked two 14 hour days – and then crashed.

As I went about completing one task after another, I paid very little attention to my body. Therefore, when I stopped moving, my body let me know it had been ignored. My joints ached, my knees swelled and my feet throbbed.

Just as I was about to get up and take a pill, I remembered the quote I had just written down earlier in the day:

“My body is the temple of the living Spirit.”

So today, take time to honor this wonderful vessel that you call your body. With every breath you take, see it as perfection, knowing that even when you abuse it, every cell with in it still renews itself. Find some wonderful way today to pamper it, for it has served you well.

No comments: