Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

A New Year's Affirmation

My affirmation for the new year is to more fully know my true nature.
My True nature enables me, as Emerson said:

“To laugh often and much,
to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of
ones critics and endure the betrayal of false friends.

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others,
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child, a garden patch…

To know even one life has breathed easier because I have lived.
This is to have succeeded!”

I would love to know what your affrimation is for the new year.
Click on the comment option below and let me know!

Happy new year! - Jack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My New Year's Affirmation is the same it has been since I was a teenager. "To have fun and celebrate life."

My astrologer tells me that 2009 will be the year I come into my own and find my true life's purpose and I really begin to celebrate who I truly am. I LOVE THAT.

- My best to all of you -
Keep your heart free from hate, your mind free from worry. Live simply. Expect little. Give much! Fill your life with love. Scatter sunshine. Forget self. Think of others. Do as you would be done by. Do all you can for people without thought of personal gain. Spread happiness.